- Acconcia, Antonio, Giancarlo Corsetti, and Saverio Simonelli. 2014. ‘Mafia and Public Spending: Evidence on the Fiscal Multiplier from a Quasi-Experiment’. American Economic Review 104 (7) (July): pp. 2185–2209.
- Acemoglu, Daron, and James A. Robinson. 2012. Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty, 1st ed. New York, NY: Crown Publishers.
- Acemoglu, Daron, and James A. Robinson. 2013. ‘Economics versus politics: Pitfalls of policy advice’. The Journal of Economic Perspectives 27 (2): pp. 173–192.
- Acemoglu, Daron, Simon Johnson, and James A. Robinson. 2005. ‘Institutions as a Fundamental Cause of Long-Run Growth’. In Handbook of Economic Growth, Volume 1A., eds. Philippe Aghion and Steven N. Durlauf. North Holland.
- Ackerman, Frank. 2007. ‘Debating climate economics: the Stern Review vs. its critics’. Report to Friends of the Earth, July 2007.
- Aesop. ‘Belling the Cat’. In Fables, retold by Joseph Jacobs. XVII, (1). The Harvard Classics. New York: P. F. Collier & Son, 1909–14; Bartleby.com, 2001.
- Akerlof, George A., and Robert J. Shiller. 2015. Phishing for Phools: The Economics of Manipulation and Deception. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Aleem, Irfan. 1990. ‘Imperfect information, screening, and the costs of informal lending: A study of a rural credit market in Pakistan’. The World Bank Economic Review 4 (3): pp. 329–349.
- Allen, Robert C. 2009. ‘The Industrial Revolution in Miniature: The Spinning Jenny in Britain, France, and India’. The Journal of Economic History 69 (04) (November): p. 901.
- Allen, Robert C. 2011. Global Economic History: A Very Short Introduction. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Almunia, Miguel, Agustín Bénétrix, Barry Eichengreen, Kevin H. O’Rourke, and Gisela Rua. 2010. ‘From Great Depression to Great Credit Crisis: Similarities, Differences and Lessons’. Economic Policy 25 (62) (April): pp. 219–265.
- Alvaredo, Facundo, Anthony B. Atkinson, Thomas Piketty, Emmanuel Saez, and Gabriel Zucman. 2016. ‘The World Wealth and Income Database (WID)’.
- Andersen, Torben M., Bengt Holmström, Seppo Honkapohja, Sixten Korkman, Hans Tson Söderström, and Juhana Vartiainen. 2007. The Nordic Model: Embracing Globalization and Sharing Risks. Helsinki: Taloustierto Oy.
- Arnott, Richard. 1995. ‘Time for Revisionism on Rent Control?’. Journal of Economic Perspectives 9 (1) (February): pp. 99–120.
- Arrow, Kenneth. J. 1978. ‘A cautious case for socialism’. Dissent 25 (4): pp. 472–480.
1995 Issues of Measurement Related to Market Size and Macroprudential Risks in Derivatives Markets. Basle, Switzerland: Bank for International Settlements.
Bank of England 1990 Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin 30(August):352-361. London: The Bank of England.
Basle Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems 1992 Delivery Versus Payment in Securities Settlement Systems. (September) Basle, Switzerland: Basle Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems.
Bergsten, C.F., T. Horst, and T.H. Moran 1978 American Multinationals and American Interests. Washington, D.C.: The Brookings Institution.
Bierman, Jr., H., L.T. Johnson, and D.S. Peterson 1991 Hedge Accounting: An Exploratory Study of the Underlying Issues . Research Report. Norwalk, Conn.: Financial Accounting Foundation.
Bloomstron, M., R.E. Lipsey, and K. Kulchycky 1988 U.S. and Swedish direct investment exports. In R.E. Baldwin, ed., Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Branscomb, L.M. 1991 The changing global economy. The Bridge (Spring):21-33. Washington, D.C.: National Academy of Engineering.
Bryant, R.C. 1980 Money and Monetary Policy in Interdependent Nations. Washington, D.C.: The Brookings Institution.
1983 Money and monetary policy. The Brookings Review (Spring) 1(3):6-12.
1987 International Financial Intermediation. Washington, D.C.: The Brookings Institution.
Bureau of Economic Analysis 1990 The Balance of Payments of the United States: Concepts, Data Sources and Estimating Procedures. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Commerce.
1991 U.S. international transactions, fourth quarter and year 1990. Survey of Current Business 71(3):34-68. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Commerce.
1992a Survey of Current Business 72(6).
1992b Survey of Current Business 72(9).
1992c U.S. international transactions, fourth quarter and year 1991. Survey of Current Business 72(3):51-74. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Commerce.
1993a Survey of Current Business 73(6).
1993b U.S. International Transactions, Fourth Quarter and Year 1992. Press release, BEA 93-09, March 16.
1994a Survey of Current Business 74(6).